Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Penne Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomato Cream Sauce and Mozzarella, Tomato, and Avocado Salad

So let's start with the pasta. This was a really delicious and easy recipe that is pretty much a grown-up mac-&-cheese dish. It's creamy and very cheesy so make sure to eat it while it's hot for the best sauce consistency. I'm definitely going to make this again.
With the pasta, I made a delicious salad with avocado, tomato, and fresh mozzarella. Mine doesn't look quite as colorful and pretty as the original picture because it was a day old, but it still tasted great. The one thing about this recipe that surprised me was when I read "drain the mozzarella". I started thinking, "drain the mozzarella? that must be a typo or something. why would cheese be in water?" Well now I just feel silly. Obviously I'm not very advanced at this whole cooking thing.

1 comment: