Sunday, February 26, 2012

Valentine's Day

I know I'm a little late in posting this, but for Valentine's Day I made a couple recipes from our dear little friend Pinterest. I attempted to do everything heart-shaped and unfortunately the heart cookie cutter I ordered didn't get here in time for V-day :(. So bear with me! I cut all of the dough by hand. So let's start with breakfast.
Breakfast was a really simple recipe for me: buy some pre-made orange rolls and re-roll them. The site I got the recipe from was for cinnamon rolls, but my boyfriend and I just love orange rolls too much so I opted for that.














For dinner, I decided to make pepperoni calzones that were (of course) heart-shaped. I also took the easy road for this one and bought pre-made pizza dough instead of making my own (hey...I had class that day!). These were really delicious - I just wish I would've added more pepperoni to them! Yum.











Along with this main course, I made the avocado/tomato/mozzarella salad from my previous post because it was just so dang good. Also, we had ginger ale with ice cubes made of maraschino cherry juice (so when the ice melted, it made a Shirley Temple).
Finally, dessert! The best meal of the day. For this, I made my boyfriend's favorite: cherry pie...and of course it was heart-shaped. Duh! This was delicious (how could cherry pie not be delicious?) but I used low-sugar pie filling so it lacked the sugary taste a little bit. It was yummy nonetheless.











So happy belated Valentine's Day! (or not if you're single...in that case I apologize for my silly heart-shaped culinary delights. I hope they did not depress you) Good bye now.

Here's the links for these recipes:

No comments:

Post a Comment