Friday, January 4, 2013

Breakfast Pizza

When I was little, we would always order little individual breakfast pizzas from the Schwann's man. They were my absolute favorite, so when I saw this recipe on Pinterest I knew I had to try it. So like always, I took the shortcut of buying pre-made pizza dough instead of making my own because I was running short on time before going to work. I pretty much took everything in my fridge that would taste good in an omelet (which isn't a lot of things) and threw it on this pizza. I used onion, garlic, bacon bits, eggs, and cheese. It was pretty good, however the egg yolks got cooked all the way through before the crust was finished baking. I wanted it to look like their picture in that I really love eggs over-easy. I think if I were to make this again, I would put the dough in the oven for a few minutes before adding the other ingredients. It was wayyy too dry without gooey egg yolk! I think next time, I'm going to try little individual pizzas on English muffins and put one egg on each one. I do recommend trying this recipe, as it is a great idea for breakfast or if you are like me, for brinner (breakfast for dinner).

I apologize for the picture quality. This picture was taken on my camera phone before I got my digital camera.

Click here for the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment