Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Monkey Squares

Well, it's just as you suspected. These were great. Found this recipe under Pinterest's most popular pins so lots of you might be wondering about this one. When I was making it, I was amazed at how much butter is in this! There are two sticks! Not to mention a cup of sour cream and 1.5 cups of sugar. Needless to say, I felt pretty guilty after eating this one. However, I brought it to work for people to eat and that made me feel better about having a 13" x 9" pan full of guilt. The one thing you need to know before making this recipe is how to put the frosting on. I know that sounds so simple and stupid but it really will make this taste better! Drizzle the frosting on the cake while the frosting AND cake are still hot. This makes it easy to spread. Also, spread it fast! As soon as it cools down just a little bit, it sets in and you can't spread it anymore. A lot of my frosting sat right in the middle of the cake and it made the middle pieces really mushy. This cake is naturally moist so it really doesn't need a puddle of frosting in the middle. Next time I think I will use just a little bit of cream cheese frosting, because I think that would suit the monkey bars more. But don't get me wrong! These things are great.

Click here for the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment