Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Falafel and Cucumber Sauce

So most of you know that I'm trying to raise money to study abroad in Greece (click here to see my blog about it) so I thought it would be a good idea to try and make some Greek food! I had heard that falafel is awesome, but I had never tried it before. Well, I'm glad to say that it is pretty great. You guys are going to laugh at them because my blender broke and you are supposed to blend all of the ingredients together. This recipe would have been perfect if my roommate knew how to properly use a blender. She tried to turn on the blender BEFORE putting the pitcher on the base and it broke and plastic pieces went flying all over my kitchen. Incidentally, my falafel looks a little chunky/crumbly. Nonetheless, I still loved it. This recipe is very strong in garlic so if you aren't a garlic fiend such as myself, maybe cut that out of the recipe. This recipe also has lots of ingredients so it was just a little pricey, but I made it for our anniversary so it seemed worth it. The cucumber sauce is a necessity for this because the falafel are a little spicy and the cucumber sauce complements it very well. I will definitely try this again once I have a new blender!
Once again, sorry for the pic quality. This was before I got my digital camera.















Click here for the recipe. It got great reviews on Allrecipes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment