Friday, December 28, 2012

Hawaiian Lava Flow

I've never been to Hawaii, but I have heard lots of good things about Lava Flow drinks via Pinterest. So this recipe is for the non-alcoholic version, which was good for me because I made these before I turned 21 ;) This recipe has a lot of good tips that I recommend using if you want it to turn out pretty and yummy. Next time I think I'll try adding a banana when I blend the strawberries. Also, I think this would be pretty awesome with some Malibu rum. This recipe makes a LOT so we cut it down for just a few drinks. She has great tips on making it have the 'swirled' look. If the strawberries don't come up the sides of the cup when you add the white coco lopez mixture, try adding more water to the strawberry mixture. Also, you can try swirling the strawberries around the edges of the cup before adding the white mixture.
If you love pina colada's, you will love this recipe for sure. It was fruity and delicious and introduced me to coco lopez: the best thing ever. If you haven't used coco lopez, it's a coconut product that comes in a can and you can find it in the mixed drink section (right next to the pina colada mixes). This drink would be good for adults or kids as a yummy summer drink.

















Click here for the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment