Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Instant Oatmeal Packets

I used to always eat cream of wheat and oatmeal and I thought this is a great idea: to make your own oatmeal packets. This is so much cheaper and makes more packets than they have in the oatmeal boxes. You can also adjust them to have whatever ingredients you like and there are less preservatives. Yay!
I made mine with regular oatmeal, a dash of salt, brown sugar, and cinnamon. All you have to do is add milk or water and any choice of topping. I think I will like it even more when I pick up some fruit to put in it (such as bananas, apples, or blueberries). I also would like to try adding some pumpkin puree to it after it's cooked because pumpkin oatmeal is just the best!
If you have any more suggestions similar to this to save money, let me know! I love hearing about how people make their own laundry detergent and Mod Podge. I'm always looking for more ways to save money!


 Do you like my new snail and mushroom pepper shakers? =D





Click here for instructions to make this on your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment