Friday, December 14, 2012

Chicken Cordon Bleu

Mmmm I love chicken cordon bleu. I really wanted to make chicken kiev, but Austin said he wasn't in the mood for butter-oozing chicken that day. So this recipe was pretty easy to make. I had all of the ingredients but cornflakes so it's really cheap, too, which is great for us college kids. One thing I always have issues with, however, is remembering to let chicken thaw! I never have a meal plan so I hardly ever take chicken out of the freezer. Well that was my main downfall in this recipe. I tried to thaw the chicken as fast as I could and pound it out really thin (so I could roll it). It didn't work so well so our pieces of chicken looked GIANT on our plates and it took a really long time to cook all the way through. This was my first time using cornflakes for coating on chicken breast, but I think I'll keep doing that! It's yummy and crunchy. By the way...the sauce for this recipe is delicious. I can never stop laughing at my terrible photography skills in this blog. Everything always looks so much worse than the original! Haha.
Here's the recipe I used for my chicken cordon bleu.

No comments:

Post a Comment